Friday, October 6, 2023

City of Structures: Powai, Mumbai

My first visit to Powai was to see a friend while I was studying in the city. Despite hosting the largest IIT campus, it was then just a modest suburb. The second time, I ventured to Powai was for a job interview as a programmer at an export house. Ultimately, I made the decision not to accept the job in that city and instead relocated to my sister's place in Delhi. It took me a quarter of a century before I returned to that location. By then, the area had undergone significant transformations, but the slums had managed to retain their distinctive character that is unique to this city. The most beautiful aspect of Mumbai's slums reveals itself at night. Amidst the interplay of light and shadow, the slums transform into a mesmerizing wonderland.



No comments:

Post a Comment